Welcome, New Student CEWiT Members!
Technology needs you. It needs your ideas, your brain, and your unique worldview to help create the world of tomorrow—and to make sure our future is one that makes sense for women and men.
But now that you've joined CEWiT, you don’t have to do it alone.
New Member Goals
To get the most out of your CEWiT membership, we recommend that within the first month, you:
- RSVP and attend an upcoming event.
- Read our New Member Page on the CEWiT website.
- Read a post on CEWiT's Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram pages and like or share them.
- Visit the house (sign the guest book).
- Encourage a friend to join CEWiT.
Additional Ways to Get Involved
- Enroll in an IU Introductory Tech Class.
- Apply for the Emerging Scholars Research Experiences for Undergraduate Women (REU) in the early fall.
- Join a Special Interest Group:
- Black Women in Tech (B-WiT)
- 3D Printing
- Game Design
- Graduate Women in Tech (G-WiT)
- Social Media
- Web Design
- Women Who Code
- Take an Accelerated Crash Course (Scrum, MYSQL, Tableau, Cybersecurity, 3DPrinting, Python, etc.)
- Register for annual CEWiT Summit in the spring.
- Sign up for Mentor Collective at CEWiT.
- Experience the CEWiT Job Shadow Program.
- Apply for an internship with CEWiT.
- Attend a CEWiT Open House
- Participate in our Research Poster Competition
- Visit us at a tabling event around campus
- Read our e-newsletter, delivered to your mailbox once a month during the fall and spring semesters.