Attend IU’s Techie Women Have More… Conference!
Monday, March 3, 2014
IU women students are invited to attend IU’s first annual Techie Women Have More… Conference! This conference on the Bloomington campus is for all IU women students, regardless of major or year in school. (Faculty and staff are welcome to attend the events on Friday, March 28.) Here are a few important details:When
March 28 and 29, 2014
Lots of reasons! Build new tech skills, learn about career opportunities, network with employers who want to share info with you, learn how you+technology can make a difference, and focus on your leadership skills!
What is the conference schedule?
FRIDAY, MARCH 28
2:00pm - 4:30pm, Research Poster Competition at Union Street Center Auditorium (Open to the public—everyone who attends and votes for the People's Choice award will be entered to win an iPad Mini!)
5:00pm - 6:00pm, Networking session with mocktails at IMU Tudor Room (Open only to those who have registered)
6:00pm - 8:00pm, Dinner and Keynote Address by Dr. Melissa Gregg, co-Director of Intel's Science & Technology Center for Social Computing (Open only to those who have registered)
9:30am - 10:00am, Registration/Check-In
10:00-11:00am, Stop Painting by Numbers! Harnessing the Power of Social Media to Create a Unique Career, Plenary Session by Dr. Sarah "Intellagirl" Smith-Robbins, Senior Director of Emerging Technologies for Kelley Executive Partners
11:10am - 12:00pm, Breakout session #1—Choose from:
- Build a Website in 15 Minutes (All participants are asked to bring a laptop to this session.)
- #throughglass: Experiences of a Google Glass Tester
- Broadening Participation through e-Textile Creation
- Project Management: ServeIT Panel
- Tips & Tricks from a Hiring Manager
12:10pm - 1:00pm, Breakout session #2—Choose from:
- Here I Am! Integrating Professional Identity through ePortfolios (All participants are asked to bring a laptop to this session.)
- Flash Talks from students, faculty, and staff
- Evolution of Web Design
- Creating Your Own Principles of Leadership
- Showcasing Your Tech Skills in the Job/Internship Search
1:00pm - 1:30pm, Lunch (provided by Jimmy John's);
1:30 - 2:10pm, Employer Flash Talks
2:10pm - 3:00pm, Employer Networking time (everyone who attends can enter a drawing to win an iPad Mini)
3:10pm - 4:00pm, Breakout session #3—Choose from:
- Prototyping Ideas with PowerPoint
- Panel: Not a techie undergrad? No Worries! You Can Still Study Tech in Grad School!
- Digital Media: An Interdisciplinary Panel
- Understanding Gender Differences in Communication
- Leveraging LinkedIn
4:10pm - 4:30pm, Closing session and presentation of prizesConference fee
The cost to register is $20. Online registration has closed, but you can register on-site. Please note that seating for the Friday night dinner and key note is limited, and all available dinner seats will be given on a first-come, first-serves basis to those who register on-site.
What to Wear
Business casual attire is recommended.
Conference sponsors include the Center of Excellence for Women in Technology, the Office of the Provost, the Kelley School of Business and the School of Informatics and Computing, and various companies who what to meet IU women who tech!