CEWiT is hiring a Web Design Special Interest Group Lead Intern
Friday, August 5, 2016
What is it?
The Web Design Special Interest Group (SIG) is a micro-community within the IU Center of Excellence for Women in Technology (CEWiT) designed to build a network of students interested in web design. Students from all majors and all levels of experience (from highly experienced to no knowledge at all but interested in learning) including graduate and undergraduate, as well as faculty, staff, and CEWiT alumnae are welcome. Members learn to develop their own web page, share and critique each other’s work to enhance their own learning, and take on organizations within the IU community as consultants, advisors, and designers.
- The lead intern with the support of a faculty champion will launch, build, and grow an engaged CEWiT Learning Community of women students, both undergraduate and graduate focused primarily on the shared interest of web design.
- Create a vision plan for the year which includes mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for members and the IU community to further common interests.
- Supervise 2 interns who are charged with assisting in the development of this community
- Commit to the overall mission of CEWiT and to the goals of the SIG to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Attend regular meetings with all CEWiT SIG Lead Interns and trainings and submit weekly reports.
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Retreat on August 26 and 27, 2016
Hours: 8 hours per week (More hours to begin, tapering to 3-5 hr/wk as group gets established)
Pay Rate: $15.00/hr
Desired Qualifications: Prior leadership experience. Strong communication and project management skills. Knowledgeable and skilled in web design. Passionate about sharing enthusiasm for technology.
Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and sample of web design work to Michelle Bartley-Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.