Middle Way House seeking part-time Database Administration Intern
Monday, December 21, 2015
Middle Way House, a nonprofit domestic violence and rape crisis center dedicated to helping women and children who are the victims of domestic abuse, rape, or sexual assault, is are seeking a part-time Database Administration Intern. This will be a 20-hour per week paid internship with a guaranteed duration of 6 months in 2016, most suitable for a senior or preferably a grad student.
Over the course of the past year, Middle Way House has seen the reporting requirements for their federal, state, and local grants increase exponentially. They are now at a point where implementation of a comprehensive tech strategy and integrated reporting system is critical to their continued operation.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Strong background in database development/administration and proven history as a team player;
- Superb communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Excellent observation skills with proven ability to think critically and analyze complex systems;
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism and work in a collaborative environment with non-tech-savvy staff members in order to clarify requirements;
- Support web interface development, with a focus on helping the staff and volunteers interact with the database in the most efficient and productive way possible;
- Clear understanding of client confidentiality, data integrity and security, ensuring the database is highly secure, available, and recoverable;
- Configure database software, troubleshoot and solve coding problems;
- Ability to design customized reports for administrative staff;
- Provide detailed documentation on database structure, maintenance and reporting procedures;
- Complete deployments successfully within the time allotted in project plans;
- Motivation to produce high quality results.Welcome to EditPad.org - your online plain text editor. Enter or paste your text here. To download and save it, click on the button below.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Rene Llewellyn, Outreach Cordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.