CEWiT Awards 5 Grace Hopper Conference Travel Scholarships
By Julianne Martin
Monday, September 15, 2014Thanks to funding from the IU Women's Philanthropy Council, CEWiT has awarded five scholarships for students to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (GHC), the world’s largest gathering of women technologists, in Phoenix, AZ on October 8-10, 2014. Recipients of the scholarship are:
- Christine Hsieh, a PhD student studying Information Systems
- Meghan McGrath, a master’s student studying Information Science
- Kelly McGuinn, an undergraduate majoring in Computer Science and Cognitive Science
- Charese Smiley, a PhD student studying Computational Linguistics
- Sara Zhang, an undergraduate majoring in Computer Science
Hosted by the Anita Borg Institute in partnership with the ACM, GHC offers career fairs, networking events, seminars, workshops, and an array of speakers from all aspects of computing and technology. CEWiT is providing the cost of registration, air fare, and hotel for our scholarship recipients.
Each scholarship recipient will blog during and after the conference to documenting their experiences to share with our alliance members. Additionally, these recipients will discuss their experiences in person while sitting on a panel with other attendees at CEWiT’s annual Techie Women Have More… conference March 6-7, 2015.