From Campus to Careers: a unique and exclusive opportunity for IUB female students
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Would you be interested in any of the following?
- Finding out what it's like to work in technology for a Fortune 500 technology company?
- An exclusive opportunity to engage with world-class technology companies?
- FREE trip to the corporate offices of CDW, a Fortune 500 company?
- Hands-on professional development workshops with seasoned technology professionals
- Being paired with a seasoned technology professional as a mentor?
If you said yes, then you should APPLY for one of only 20 spots in From Campus to Careers, a two-day program designed for aspiring female STEM professionals, in collaboration with CEWiT, the IU School of Informatics & Computing and a select group of CDW’s top technology partners, to learn about pursuing a career in technology and how to identify potential career paths at world-class technology companies. More details about this program are below.
From Campus To Careers
Session 1: CDW’s Executive Office
75 S Tri-State International, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
This day will begin with registration and breakfast followed by a day filled with career planning and hands-on workshops. Attendance for Session 1 is limited to 20 attendees, transportation will be provided. We will discuss:
- Navigating a job search in a social world
- Branding yourself for success
- Exposure to roles and career paths for future graduates
- How to land a job at a top-tier technology company
- Small-group discussion around relevant career-planning topics
Session 2: On-campus – Indiana University
900 E 7th Street Bloomington, IN 47405
Hosted at the Indiana Memorial Union (Frangipani room) on the Indiana University campus, the program will begin at 11:00 am and conclude at 4:00 pm, with lunch being provided by CDW. Attendance for Session 2 is limited to 50 attendees.
- Career and interview best practices
- Roundtable discussions with industry leaders
- Small and large-group interview practice
- Insights from industry recruiters on job search etiquette and the impact of first impressions
Post Program Follow Up:
Each program participant will be assigned a one-on-one follow-up with a member of CDW’s Talent Team and will have the opportunity to practice and receive coaching leveraging a virtual interview tool.
CDW is a leading multi-brand technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. A Fortune 500 company with multi-national capabilities, CDW features dedicated account managers who help customers choose the right technology products and services to meet their needs. The company’s solution architects offer expertise in designing customized solutions, while its advanced technology engineers assist customers with the implementation and long-term management of those solutions. Areas of focus include software, network communications, notebooks/mobile devices, data storage, video monitors, desktops, printers and solutions such as virtualization, collaboration, security, mobility, data center optimization and cloud computing. CDW was founded in 1984 and employs more than 8,700 coworkers. For the twelve months ended June 30, 2016, the company generated net sales of over $13 billion.