CEWiT is Turning 2. Celebrate with us!
Thursday, October 8, 2015
The IU Center of Excellence for Women in Technology (CEWiT) was founded in October, 2013. To celebrate our second anniversary, we are hosting the following events on Wednesday, October 28, with Kelly Hoey, angel investor in emerging tech, entrepreneur, columnist, and networking expert.
1. An exclusive Q&A luncheon at 12:00pm with Kelly and 50 select women students. Students who attend can pose questions about networking for career, startup funding, crowdfunding, and entrepreneurship to Kelly in a private setting. RSVPs for seats at this luncheon will be accepted until midnight, Thursday, October 22. The first 50 to RSVP will be given a sat. STUDENTS: RSVP FOR A SEAT HERE. This luncheon is sponsored by The Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
2. A keynote address. At 2:30pm in the Whittenberger Auditorium Kelly will deliver, A Courageous Leap of Career Faith. Kelly Hoey has been described in the following ways:
- “1 of 5 Women Changing the World of VC/Entrepreneurship” – Forbes
- “25 Smartest Women On Twitter” – Fast Company
- “100 Most Influential Tech Women On Twitter” – Business Insider
- “6 Inspirational Women In Tech” – CraigConnects
- “100 NYC Tech Influencers You Need To Know” – AlleyWatch
If you asked Kelly in 2009 if she believed any of these descriptions would be used to describe her within the next five years, she would have replied, “are you kidding me?” Fall of 2009 was a pivotal time in Kelly’s career transformation. It was the moment when she was inspired to stop playing it safe and used her courage to change everything by accepting an opportunity with many unknowns.
So how can YOU prepare for career opportunity? Attend this keynote and learn how a nice girl from Victoria, British Columbia, landed in New York City as an angel investor, board member, trusted advisor to hot tech startups (after a corporate detour through Toronto as a bankruptcy attorney) by developing her networks, cultivating diverse professional relationships, building a Yes Me Fund and finally, taking that courageous leap of career faith.”
We will be serving cupcakes and punch. A reception will follow the talk in the University Club President’s Room in the IMU.
PLEASE RSVP FOR THE KEYNOTE HERE.