Faculty: Apply to be a CEWiT REU-W Mentor!
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Faculty are invited to apply to be a mentor to an undergraduate student in the CEWiT Emerging Scholars Research Experiences for Undergraduate Women (CEWiT REU-W) program. The program, which began in 2014, pairs freshmen and sophomore women at IU Bloomington with faculty mentors who conduct research that actively engages students with computing and/or technology.
- Program begins October 9, 2017 and ends May 4th, 2018.
- All projects must include a significant technology and/or computing component.
- Faculty receive $500 in their research account for full participation in the program.
- Students receive $500 for completing the program and are eligible for an additional $500 if they continue research either with your project or another, following year one.
- Student participants have little or no prior research experience.
- Provide student with 8-10 hours of work/tasks per week on research project.
- Set weekly goals/tasks for your mentee.
- Meet mentee face-to-face once per week and maintain communication with her regarding progress over entire course of year.
- Work with mentee to complete her end of semester reports due 5pm, Friday, Dec. 8, 2017 and Friday, April 27, 2018.
- Support mentee in Research Poster creation for competition on Friday, April 6, 2018
- Involve the student with creative or innovative use of technology or computing.
- Attend Fall REU Orientation for new faculty mentors, if applicable.
Act quickly! The deadline to apply is 11:59pm, Monday, July 10, 2017.
CEWiT REU-W is co-sponsored by CEWiT, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, and the College of Arts and Sciences.