CEWiT Summit Call for Proposals Now Open
Monday, November 26, 2018
Submit a proposal by completing THIS FORM.
CEWiT invites IU students, faculty, staff, alumnae, employers, and community members to submit session proposals (workshops, presentations/talks, or panels) that provide an opportunity for women in the IU community to learn about and engage with the use of technology across a broad spectrum of majors and academic fields.
For examples of sessions from prior years' Summits, see:
SESSION DATE WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON THE AUDIENCE:
- Faculty and Staff sessions will be scheduled on Friday, March 1, 2019
- Students sessions will be scheduled on Saturday, March 2, 2019
Preferred session length is 50 minutes, but we will consider requests for shorter or longer times
- Interactive Workshops
- Workshops are intended to emphasize hands-on technology or skills related to career success. For faculty, suggested topics include technology used in the course of research, teaching, or scholarly writing.
- Workshops directly related to gender are also welcome. Possible topics include: salary negotiation, combating unconscious bias, claiming authority in the classroom or other work environments, and how to advocate for gender equity.
- Please specify if the session requires participants to bring laptops or other technology needs.
- Panel Presentations
- A panel of 3-4 persons who present their work and expertise on a common theme, issue, or question, and then discuss them with the audience.
- Presenters will showcase/demonstrate/discuss technology as used within their field of study or career
Submission deadline is 12:59pm, January 22, 2018. To submit a proposal, please provide the following information:
- Contact information and brief (1-2 sentence) bios of all presenters.
- The title of your workshop, presentation, or panel.
- An abstract of your session to be printed in the conference program and on the conference website. The abstract should clearly define how the session relates to women and technology.
- Specify audience: Staff, faculty, or students.
- Specify recommended audience level: Beginner, intermediate, and/or advanced.
- A list of your A/V needs, if they differ from standard classroom technology.
Multiple proposal submissions are welcome; please submit each one separately. All presenters are invited to attend the Keynote talk and dinner Friday night. Lunch is provided to those who present to students on Saturday.