33 Must Know Facts about Women in Technology
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
The infographic below celebrates some of the most successful women in technology and business, while also highlighting workforce composition, female founders, and how companies can prioritize retention of women.
Here are some of the facts we found interesting:
- Chicago is the city with the most female startup founders, with 30%. More on this here.
- The global average of startups founded by women is 20%.
- Female tech positions are growing 238% faster than their male counterparts.
- However, this is not translating to overall hiring ratios yet. Ebay is one of the more diverse companies, yet it only had 24% women on staff in 2015.
- The top venture capitalist in 2015, rated by Forbes, was Jenny Lee. She’s the Managing Partner of GGV Capital.
Original graphic by: Coupofy