CEWiT Women's Mentor Collective
The CEWiT Women's Mentor Collective matches female CEWiT student affiliates with IU alumnae who are trained mentors. The matches are made based on professional aspiration, common interests, background and academics. It focuses on career development, networking, confidence building, and real-work environment awareness. Mentors act as sounding boards, catalysts, and as role models in addition to providing guidance, encouragement, and advice. Mentor Collective mentorships involve meeting at least once per month, usually via video chat, and address topics like:
- What it is like to be a woman in technology after university.
- How your major will impact your professional options.
- What to do if you’re the only woman in your class, position, or company.
- Will people see you differently because you’re pursuing technology as a woman?
- How you can set yourself up for academic and career success?
Register now! Here's how:
- Go to the Registration Form create an account.
- Choose what kind of mentor you want. Fill out a survey that will help you connect with a mentor that shares your interests and experiences.
- Connect with your mentor. Get to know your mentor via video chat, text message, and even social media.
- Succeed together. You and your mentor will build the indiana University CEWiT experience that fits you best - after graduation, in classes, at work, in campus organizations, and with new friends.