Women in Game Design SIG Student Intern
*2 positions available
What is a SIG?
CEWiT Special Interest Groups (SIGs) nurture the growing diversity in our organization by providing "micro" communities where members can network and build technology awareness and skills in focused areas of common interest. They provide a place of engagement that provides professional development and social fun. Active SIGs identify and address member interests, issues and concerns. Ideally, SIGs will allow students to create programs and activities to further their common interests and can include such things as info sessions, career information speakers, how-to workshops, competitions, outreach, and targeted/focused events. Members range from highly experienced to no knowledge at all but interested in learning. Members can be comprised of students from all majors and levels, as well as faculty, staff and CEWiT alumnae affiliates.
About the Women in Game Design SIG
The Women in Game Design SIG is an inclusive effort to bring women and allies together in the pursuit of game design and the associated skills and technologies. We host a variety of workshops focusing on production software, coding, and the creation of artistic assets for digital games. In addition to teaching valuable skills, the SIG typically invites a guest speaker each semester with industry and/or game design experience who shares their perspectives with students. We sometimes just get together to socialize and play games. We are dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork and create events that fit the needs of students and reflect current technology trends in gaming.
- Work with and assist the lead intern and fellow interns, to launch, build, and grow an engaged CEWiT Learning Community of undergraduate and graduate women students interested in game design.
- Assist in the creation a vision plan for the year including mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for SIG members and the IU community to further common interests.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEWiT and to the goals of the SIG to develop a meaningful community. ♣ Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Be an advocate for women and minorities in game design.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with Lead Intern and Faculty Champion.
- Attend monthly all CEWiT intern meetings held on a Friday at 3:30pm.
- Attend annual CEWiT Technology Summit in March 2018.
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Retreat in August 2017.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Experience in game design and/or development.
- Passionate about sharing enthusiasm for technology.
Hours Per Week:
An average of 3 - 5.
Send a cover letter and resume Jessica Tompkins.