The CEWiT mission is to empower women to build confidence and knowledge about technology, expand leadership and tech skills, and to fully leverage technology in support of academic and professional excellence.
The IU Center of Excellence for Women in Technology is committed to:
- Empowering women to use technology to benefit their careers, their disciplines, and their local and global communities
- Celebrating the successes and accomplishments of technical women at Indiana University
- Enhancing the research quality, efficiency, effectiveness, and influence of women faculty at IU through the strategic and widespread use of technology
- Strengthening interdisciplinary academic excellence through a deeply interconnected network of faculty, staff, student, and alumnae women technologists, and supporting their continued career development
- Expanding the pipeline of women entering technology fields as students, graduates, faculty, and staff
- Promoting inclusivity in our departments, classrooms and lab environments
- Promoting an environment which supports the development of women in technology through teaching, learning, and experiential exploration
- Eliminating barriers to full participation in a technology-driven society
In order to achieve our vision, we have developed a detailed, comprehensive plan with five strategies. The Strategic Plan can be viewed here.