Women Who Code Intern
The CEWiT Women Who Code Team is dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork. This community of students work together to learn new coding skills, share ideas, host skill development workshops, offer peer-to-peer learning opportunities, participate in hackathons, and create events that fit the needs of students and reflect current technology trends in business.
- Work with and assist the lead intern and fellow interns, to launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate women students interested in coding.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for team members and the IU community to further common interests.
- Help provide timely reports to CEWiT regarding marketing plans, attendance, assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEWiT and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Be an advocate for women and minorities in coding.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Lead Intern.
- Attend weekly meeting with Lead Intern and Faculty Champion.
- Attend monthly all CEWiT intern meetings.
- Attend annual CEWiT Technology Summit in the spring.
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Retreat in the fall.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in coding.
- Passionate about sharing enthusiasm for technology.
Hours Per Week:
An average of 3 - 5.
Send a cover letter and resume to CEWiT. Please put the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Selection will remain open until the position is filled.