CEWiT partners with IU Women in Technology (IUWIT), a group for women working in IT at all IU campuses, to provide support and programming for staff.
IUWIT is seeking an intern to help in the development and maintenance of the IU Women in Technology website, development of marketing materials, and organization of live events. The intern will have the opportunity to receive mentorship by professional web developers and gain experience working in a technology-rich and creative team environment. The intern will work alongside the IUWIT members of the steering committee.
- The student intern will help with the development and maintenance of the website.
- The student intern will assist in the creation of marketing materials and social media.
- The student intern will help performing quality assurance procedures as described in our web development checklist:
- Fix Broken Links
- Check for Spelling and Grammar
- Test websites in all browsers/devices
- Check URL redirects
- Web Accessibility compliance
- HTML and CSS validation
- Performance Optimization
- The student intern will help organize and coordinate events, including contacting speakers, finding available rooms, and arranging for simultaneous broadcast at other IU campuses.
- The student intern will attend relevant events on the IU Bloomington campus to represent IU Women in Technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detailed-oriented student with an interest in technology and eager to learn about new technology topics.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Social Media, Photoshop and Photography.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and great customer service. The successful candidate must be willing to work on deadline and accept peer review and final edits of their own work, as well as provide constructive feedback to others.
- The intern must be comfortable learning to use new technology, such as web content management systems.
- Minimum of 10 hours a week.
Up to 10 hours per week to be performed during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm). The position is available for the spring 2018 semester, with options to continue during the summer and fall.
Send a cover letter and resume to CEWiT. Specify the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Selection will remain open until the position is filled.