CEWiT Ambassador Team Student Interns
*4 positions available
What is the Ambassador Team?
The IU Center of Excellence for Women in Technology (CEWiT) is the nation’s first and only university-wide initiative designed to encourage the participation, empowerment, and achievement of women in technology across all academic disciplines. CEWiT addresses the global need to increase the participation of women at all stages of their involvement in technology (from beginner to skilled) through education, skill development, mentoring, and community building. Technology opens up a world of opportunities for women and is a catalyst to success in all fields, disciplines, and careers. We are dedicated to empowering women to confidently use technology in an environment that fosters creativity and teamwork to benefit their educational and career goals.
The CEWiT Ambassador program seeks energetic and engaging undergraduate leaders who love technology and would like to share their enthusiasm with other students, particularly first and second year women at IU. The mission of this group is to help spark an interest in technology, share the benefits of having technical skills, and raise awareness of CEWiT, our programs, and our resources.
- Conduct presentations and hands-on workshops
- Schedule and staff tabling events on campus and in residence halls
- Attend campus information events and distribute CEWiT promotional materials
- Visit Intro to Technology classes and sorority meetings to share information about CEWiT, opportunities offered, and how to get involved
- Plan and host fun events for 1st and 2nd year women students
- Raise awareness of CEWiT and drive member affiliation
- Commit to the mission of CEWiT and be an advocate for women and minorities in technology
- Attend bi-monthly ambassador meetings held on a Fridays at 3:30pm
- Attend the annual CEWiT Technology Summit in March 2018
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Retreat in August 2017
- Ambassadors should be interested in technology and comfortable sharing their excitement with other students.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor, as well as the ability to work well with others are necessary.
- Applicants must be an enrolled IUB student in good standing. It is not necessary for you to be in a technical area of study.
- We are deliberately looking for Ambassadors from a wide range of majors.
- The Team will be specifically targeting first and second year students who do not consider themselves “technical”.
- An ideal CEWiT Ambassador is:
- Energetic, organized, motivated, and well spoken
- Active and involved on campus
- A role model for other students
Send a cover letter and resume Michelle Bartley Taylor.